View Single Post
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-02, 18:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 050/029/000 Female 5ft, 8 1/2 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

OK, let's all agree that Bob Barefoot's calcium probably doesn't "cure" cancer. We all know that somewhere out there there is something that does, it just hasn't been discovered yet.

Let's also understand that I didn't rush out and plop down my money for his books or products! I'm not that stupid. But I do listen for the parts that make sense to me. I wouldn't spend 2 hours a day with my face exposed to the sun if someone paid me.

But I have bought lots of items through demos at fairs, etc and found them to be excellent products. I bought those Ginsu knives over 30 years ago and they are still as sharp as the day I bought them and I can cut a groove in a hammer head and then slice a tomato with the knife. I use them to saw wood and they stay sharp. I believed that demo and it was true. There are other items that I also found to be great. I do keep an open mind. I use my own judgement, and I have not too often been wrong.

I liked most of what this man was saying and therefore I will take the calcium to prevent future problems. I come from a family of 7 children and so far 3 have died of cancer and one other has had surgery for cancer. Heart disease also runs in my family. If there is even a slight chance that calcium will prevent these problems for me, I will take it. That is not to say that I won't get something else.

Because I read and follow "quacks" like Atkins, I have managed to stay the healthiest of all my siblings. I also look much younger than my actual years. You, Greg, do not approach life with an open mind. You seem to think that ideas must be backed up by studies and proof before they should be accepted. Where do you think they get that proof?

Raquel, I just came from the drug store where I looked at the cod liver oil. I didn't buy it because the lable listed Vitamin C and D and Magnesium (I think) but it only listed that it contained calcium but not the amount. Is there a difference in brands? How do you know how much calcium there is in cod liver oil if it's not listed?

I will also try to find the other types of calcium you listed. Are the oyster shell pills good? I plan to do some shopping for this sometime this week.

Thanks,

Carol

PS: Greg, as for false hope for cancer patients, isn't false hope better than no hope? They need a reason to keep living, even though the odds are against them.