View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-02, 18:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/272/150 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 28%

Hi!! I agree, it's cheaper to eat low carb then to keep going into the hospital and paying for precriptions. I haven't been able to give up any yet, but can't wait.

We shop alot of the "lost leaders", (specials to get you in the door). We may have to go to several stores and my hubby does most of the shopping since I no longer drive, but it is worth it. When whole sirloin is on sale for $1.39lb we buy two and have them cut into roasts, cubed steaks, ground beef and /or chunks. Whole boneless pork loin goes on sale for $1.77 to $1.99lb, these are great center cut chops with no waste or pork loin roasts. When ground chuck is on sale, we load up on that, chick. Alot of times the stores run buy one get one free ads, that's when we load up on cheese and whatever. We go to Costo, Sams, but find alot of times it's cheaper at the supermarket. We also have Aldies, a no frills market, where butter is usuallly $1.69, and eggs and produce very low in cost......it's great because if we end up at Wallmart, they honor all the other ads.

Some things are more expensive, like cream and Splenda, but we don't have to buy them every week. My guys are still eating carbs, so we still buy all the cereals...sugar frosted anything. But, they have given up eating a lot of sweets at home.

It's always something...you end up spending your money for one thing or another, so the bit extra for low carbing wont break you.