View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-02, 14:20

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Hi there Neni....

You may find that you have better success by eliminating some of the things that you've added back in. The low carb tortillas, the carbolite chocolate, the peanut butter (I assume it has sugar in it.) Though you may not be using all of those every day, there seems to be a trend here and I suspect it's your sweet tooth that has gotten you to where you are today.

Is the object of this "diet" you are on, to lose weight and then keep it off for the rest of your life?

The thing is that when we finally 'get it' that the way we have been eating kept us overweight, no matter what that way was (we're all different), we need to change it if we hope to be slim for life.

You asked about exercise. Getting some exercise instead of indulging in a 'sweet thing' (LC or not), might be a step in the right direction for you. It could be as simple as taking a trip up and down a flight of stairs. Exercise combined with LC, can change your life. And change it for the rest of your life.

It's up to you. What do you want to achieve for yourself?

l-Glutamine (an amino acid) can be used as a supplement that will help you get past the sweet cravings. Many of us in the forum are using it for that purpose or because we do strength training and it helps with muscle building. If you decide to try it, be sure to get it in the powder form as you need at least 5g per dose.

I wish you every success with LCing.

Marlaine