View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-02, 08:46

Plan: Atkins KISS
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Default GTFIFTFFF!!!

Misty - I'm right EXACTLY where you are. The more fat I eat, the fewer calories over all that I eat. I still try to get protein/veggies in, but my main goal is GTFIFTFFF - in other words:

GET THE FAT IN FIRST TO FEEL FULL FAST!

I don't count calories but I have tons of energy, my skin is beautiful, I stop snacking, I'm very regular for the first time ever - not moody, not hungry and very very happy.

I find if I lower fat, I eat more/too much protein and carbs.
Fat is the regulator of hunger. Fat is what creates the feeling of fullness. Fat without excess carbs does not turn to fat on the body. My hunger, if any - comes so slowly now - it's like a very gentle whisper in my ear that perhaps I should think about eating something again. Before (high carb/lowfat) my hunger was a screaming maniac that made me sweat, shake, feel anxious, unable to concentrate - moody, fuzzy thinking and fearful that I would start eating and never feel full (which happened all the time) and would not stop eating until I felt physical pain.

Now I notice (if I do) that it's mealtime again. And I eat a small fatty meal with some protein (not tons) and I make sure I get a nice small high fiber salad each day.

Right peanutbutter is my best source of fat - it includes protein but very low carbs (4 after fiber - no sugar - no hydrog - no salt added brand). My next best bet is Philly cream cheese. I watch my servings/meaning I count every carb, but I eat my small treats/meals slowly and lavish in the richness. Then I sit back and enjoy the full feeling that comes. And it does come. And I am free again. Free to go ahead and move on with my day and activities and to LEAVE THE KITCHEN WITHOUT another thought of food...

...until I hear that gentle whisper again many hours later.

I'm with you. Eat fat - (throw in some protein/vegs) then DO SOMETHING ELSE OTHER THAN EAT for hours at a time. This is what I mean "getting out of the food-trap" or however I put it.
When I ate high carb low fat I'd eat and eat and eat and stand in the kitchen for what an hour? Still eating, never feeling full. Now I'm in and out and I have my day back my life back and best of all I'm in great health (verified by doc) and feel wonderful.

I hope everyone here finds this peace as I have. Misty - I know we are not alone.