View Single Post
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-02, 08:34

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 191/152/155
BF:
Progress: 108%
Wink Calcium is Needed!

I kicked off my first post with "Is calcium needed, Yes" So I agree with you that calcium does many good things. The Huckster and shyster labels are leveled at the claims that this guys coral sea calcium can cure cancer, cure arthritis, prevent skin cancer and block electromagnetic waves from cell phones. This is terrible news not awesome news. Can't you realize the damage this guy does! The false hopes he raises in cancer patients? The people crippled with arthritis? If there is so much truth to what he says why don't we rush to tell everybody. Maybe my friends Dad should take this sea coral calcium and it will make the lung cancer disappear! Just because Doctor Barefoot said so on TV! Melanoma that spreads is a death sentence. It does not respond to Chemotherapy or Radiation. So just take this calcium and you will be cured! Concern about how much calcium to take is important especially with women (not that it is not important in men).

Everyone should be skeptical of miracle cure claims and the motivations of a Doctor selling wares in an infomercial.

Look at the fiasco with shark cartilidge and vitamin C. Linus Pauling said large doses of Vitamin C would prevent cancer and he died from cancer. Most research is inconclusive about how much Vitamin C is really needed. Ground up shark cartilidge was thought to prevent and cure cancer. This was based on one flawed study and the assumption that sharks do not get cancer so now millions of sharks are slaughtered to feed this bogus frenzy and guess what, sharks do get cancer!

It is extremely difficult to get good information from all the hype in the supplement industry.

You are right in that men do not typically do what is necessary to protect themselves. Now please reference scientific studies that support your statement that everything Atrsy said is true. Please cover that calcium cures cancer, arthritus, prevents skin cancer, and cures anything that is wrong with you! Welcome to LA LA land in nutrition!