#3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-02, 08:32
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%

hi harpseal,

I totally agree with what Natrushka has said. In addition, I notice your Reward Meal is way, way, way unbalanced and over-heavy with the carbs, and not nearly enough protein .. or fat (unless you omitted to mention any oil or butter used in your meal).

I'm not sure which version of Carb Addicts you have? Their most recent edition, The Carbohydrate Addict's LifeSpan Program, is very clear that the Reward Meal is to be balanced, with adequate protein and fat and carbs ... and is not meant to be a free-for-all, "eat as much carbohydrate as possible in one hour" binge

From the Carb Addicts' FAQs page, here's what they have to say about the Reward Meal:
Quote:
Q: In your more recent book, The Carbohydrate Addict's LifeSpan Program, you talk about the importance of balancing my daily carbohydrate-rich (Reward) meal. From reading your earlier book, I thought I could eat whatever I want at my Reward Meal?

A: This is one of the most common errors we encounter and it can lead to weight-loss being slowed or halted as well as triggering cravings. In our earlier book, we indicated that during Reward MealsŪ you could eat anything you want as you would in a balanced feast; we did not say you could eat everything you wanted in an unbalanced binge.

We realize that it is essential to specify exactly what we mean by a "balanced" Reward MealŪ. First, there is no need to ever count, measure or weigh your food. Simply, begin each Reward MealŪ with one or two cups of salad. The remainder of the meal should divided into thirds estimated "by eye": 1/3 portion of a protein, such as meat, fish, foul, tofu or the like; 1/3 portion of low-carbohydrate vegetables (steamed, sauteed, or raw); 1/3 portion of carbohydrate-rich vegetables and other foods such as potatoes, rice, beans, and bread. The 1/3 portion of carbos should include your dessert. If you want more food, go back for more of all three. Don't just go back for more carbo. If you want more carbo, include additional protein and low-carb vegetables as well. Then enjoy some dessert.

(to read the rest of this article, click here)
They've also posted some sample Reward Meal menus to give you an idea of how you should balance things.

As Nat stated, Carb Addicts may not be the plan for you. On the other hand, it looks like you haven't been following the plan exactly as written. Perhaps you could get back to basics, follow the program to a T, use the menus in the book, and review the Carb Addicts' FAQ's on their website.

Don't give up ... you still have lots of options. Remember: You can't win the game if you quit playing

Doreen

p.s. - we've removed the several copies of your post which were in various places around the forums This is to avoid confusion and having duplicated answers and replies.