View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-02, 06:33

Plan: CKD
Stats: 162/?/? Female 5'6
BF:16
Progress: 0%

nsmith-
I am doing the same thing. My fat in the last week has ranged between 70-80% and guess what? I feel better, I look better and am finally losing weight. I keep my carbs below 20g a day and I exercise a lot. I've been told that since I'm exercising, I should eat more carbs. But they bloat me after a meal and I can't stay full for long. I found I was actually eating MORE calories when my carbs were high because I was constantly hungry. My carbs were never too high, around 20-30g, but it stalled me BIG TIME. I haven't had an energy problem, in fact I think I've got more. My workouts haven't suffered either.
I truly believe that what stalls one person may not stall another. For instance too many veggies stalled me. But a little extra Splenda, cheese or peanut butter doesn't seem to stall me.
How many calories are you eating? As long as your calories aren't too low and you feel good, keep doing what you're doing. I still make sure I'm getting enough protein but adding carbs was becoming a chore. Now I'll have one salad a day and that's about it.
I saw what you wrote about "the runs". This is what I find really amazing. I haven't taken psyllium husks in over a week and I'm very regular despite the fact that my fiber only comes from 1 serving of veggies and flax meal. I was taking 2-3 Tbsp a day before.