View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-02, 00:15
Pending Member

Plan: mix
Stats: 120/120/110
BF:
Progress: 0%

Thank you so much, Nat for more sound advice.

Yes, I understand about the injury, especially because I am very new at this weight lifting (plus I am doing this at home. I bought a bench with leg extension and chest(?) extension that I can use to do most of the workouts except for a few - and the few I found on www.exrx.net to replace the machine exercises). Connelly recommends use of machines especially at the beginning to avoid injury, etc, I know, but I don't want to go to a gym (I might someday in the near future just to get a session with a trainer to get a better idea of things in general) because I totally enjoy doing this in my own bedroom in my pajama shorts and sportsbra; I would hate to have to get in a car, drive over, park, etc.

I did a week of "familiarize myself" workouts and I think I am OK so far. I would hate to hurt myself doing this, cuz I am really motivated right now and I don't want to spoil it by some stupid injuiry. Thanks much for the sound warning.

As far as the food requirements are concerned, Cycle 1 allows way too much carb for me (well for any lowcarber), and the kind of carb I normally try to eat are in the green carb category, so I cannot even count those. I hope I won't have to up the carb count too much in Cycle 1. (Are you supposed to bulk up and gain weight with Cycle1? I'm totally interested in getting some muscle under my flabby body and get stronger, but I don't want to gain any weight!!) 240g of carbs is kind of high. I can't see anybody losing weight with that much yellow carb, and if you eat some green carb on top of it, that will become A LOT of carb. Wouldn't you start gaining weight?? What's your opinion on this? I am very interested in hearing what you think.

For example, today, my total meals came up to be about Fiber 27g (I need to eat a little more Fiber One cereal!), Protein 118g, Carb 86g (counting the green carbs too; without it the way Connelly does it, it is only 23g). I can think of upping the carb part a little more and aim everything toward Cycle 2 (for protein/fiber/carb(yellowcarb 120g.)) Also, what's new for me is the fat restriction (compared to Atkins which requires none) with low fat this and that, so I need to watch that.

I do know though that whenever I play volleyball a lot, I *must* eat some yellow carbs beforehand to keep me going for 2 hours (sometimes I have to eat balance bars/gatoraid during), so if I can find a way to up my carb without gaining weight, that will work for me.

I see you do your *own* version of meal plans and it sounds like things are working for you nicely. I may have to invent my own plan too :0

Any comments/inputs greatly appreciated.

Tomo