View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jul-29-02, 21:03

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Tomo, just a note of caution - if you've never lifted before take things nice and slow. BodyRx workouts are a killer. Working muscles to failure can lead to injury if you're not using proper/correct form. It's not so much the muscle injury that can sideline you as it is the connective tissue injury. Be sure you have a mirror handy to check your form and take your time through the exercises. I started out with BFL (Body For Life) and I found doing a few practice runs made things go much more smoothly.

Re the protein/carb requirements. The numbers for carbs, if you go by the book, are the max for carbs. You don't have to eat that many, but you're supposed to aim for that number. The highest I've ever gone was 100g a day and that took some planning (I refuse to eat grains of any kind with the exception of steel cut oats). Connelly doesn't use fiberous veggies as carbs or toward your carb count, when I do the program I do. These are just a few of the modifications I've incorporated after a year of LCing. I'm a big fan of cherry picking from other plans

HTH
Nat