View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jul-29-02, 18:42

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 326/280/155 Male 5'6
BF:37
Progress: 27%

It appears that many women has responded to this thread rather than men. I suppose that is because where women often feel "frustrated" that they are looked upon as a sexual object where before they were ignored, men want to loose the weight to get stares!

Sure, the health issue is very very important to a man, but I would say a good chunk of us wanting to loose this weight is due to the result of wanting the opposite sex to stare at us...I believe its the opposite between the genders.

My wife cannot wait to see me thin. She saw my "thin" pictures of me in high school and literally screamed. "Ohmygwad!!!! IS THAT YOU!!!!"

Im not meaning to be conceded but my wife (even though she loves me for who I am) simply cannot wait for me to be thin again. Heck, she even bought a suit for me from Haager? (sp) for the day I loose it all.

She is also on the diet and lost 15 pounds so far in three weeks since we started. She's looking forward to her physical appearence as well. She wants to look sexy (not Britanny Spears "I want men to want me without my clothes sexy) but sensible sexy. What really gets her upset is when her overweight friends tell her, "YOUR NOT FAT!!" "Why are you losing weight...you dont need too!!!"

My wife and i both know her friends are upset that she's losing weight and feeling great and they are still overweight and not making a effort to loose weight.

We dont pressure them but they have this "you think you're better than us" look on their faces. I see it all the time.

So I guess what Im trying to see hehe is that some women will often feel that their weightloss will produce some undesirable effect and that men will treat you as a sexual object. My opinion is, be who you are even when you were big. It's your soul that is beautiful, not your flesh