View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jul-29-02, 10:57

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Les, I'm not sure how readily available it can be found in nutrition houses, although I suspect that if enough people asked for it and the demand increased that would change There are a number of manufacturers and distributors of seal oil in NFLD and they do have a web presence. Everything I have seen thus far comes in pill form.

One of the guys I work with on the Council has been taking seal oil for a few years - it was recommended to him by a scientist from the east who was up on the lastest info on Omega 3. This man was going to have to have surgery on his knee things had deteriorated so badly - today he's the only other person from the Council I ever run into in the hotel gyms, and I usually see him after he's gone jogging.

Quote:
Most of the world's major health organizations, including the Health Canada and the British Nutrition Foundation, suggest a minimum daily intake of 1.25 grams of Omega 3 PUFA.

Supplementwatch.com suggests: an intake of 3-10 grams is beneficial for cardioprotective benefits and may prevent mood swings.

Nat