View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jul-29-02, 10:38
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/226/140
BF:
Progress: 28%

I'm glad things are going better for you. Believe me, I can understand where you're coming from...I got to that point myself a few months ago.

My fiancee and I both work all day. On top of working all day, I have a long commute and don't get home until about 7:00. Since my finacee doesn't cook at all, starting this WOL meant that I had to cook every night after working all day. (Then clean up the dishes, etc.)

Planning ahead really does work. I started strategically planning my week's menus so I could do most of the cooking on Sundays. I'll make dishes that I can either make ahead and freeze; ones where I can cook the meat ahead and just assemble ingredients in the evening; or ones where I just have to throw a couple pieces of meat on the grill. Since I can cook a lot of stuff at once, it doesn't even take me that long on Sunday to do all the prep work for the week. It does take some practice and planning, but it's working soooo much better for me now. (Of course, when I have to travel on weekends for work it louses everything up, but most of the time it works really well.)