View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jul-29-02, 10:10

Plan: Southbeach
Stats: 148/145/135 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 23%

Thanks so much -- that link is a helpful reminder to use the "jeans test" a little more. So far, I haven't really noticed a comfort difference one way or another, but I will hang in. I think my pants are tighter but it just could be me freaking out. Some notes:

I meant to say that my period ended several days ago, not weeks. On my 23 day cycle (my mother and her damned genes) it would be a lovely mercy if the last one were several weeks back...

Drinking about 8-10 glasses of water a day. I love water, but I have noticed that I am thirsty on this plan. Perhaps I need more.

Here's the last two days of menus, which are pretty typical, though I don't often have the protein powder unless I'm out of fish/chicken and feeling lazy.

Yesterday:
Breakfast -- 2 scrambled eggs, tablespoon of goat cheese, whole wheat tortilla, tablespoon of half-and-half (the real kind with no filler)
Lunch -- big green salad with oil and vinagar, coleslaw with peanuts, chicken breast with cheese.
Snack -- handful of mixed unsalted nuts
Dinner -- chicken breast, string beans, 2/3 cup of mixed berries and a big dollop of fresh whipped cream.

Day before:
Breakfast: 2 eggs, 1 tablespoon goat cheese, a slice whole kamut toast and butter, tablespoon half and half.
Lunch: 1/2 turkey sausage, tomato and 2 0z. buffalo mozzarella, mixed green salad with parmesan cheese and olive oil dressing, nectarine.
Snack: low-carb protein powder, 1/3 cup soy milk, tablespoon cream.
dinner: 2 oz. buffalo mozzarella with bruschetta sauce on top (olive oil, garlic, tomatos, basil), 2/3 cup berries with big dollop of whipped cream.

Thanks folks!
abby