View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Jul-27-02, 10:22
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

Hi Further... had to put my two cents in when I saw your posts. Take it from someone who has lost the 90 pounds, then started back UP the scale when almost at goal. Now I have another 30 to go just to get back to where I left off when I started the "mind change". It took4 years to realize that in a little more time I would have been right where I started. Miserable and sick.

If you're hooked on the rice cakes, etc. and can't find a replacement for your snacks, fine...but I would suggest you try to shake up the menu a bit. Do some different, interesting things and make your meals a bit exciting - even on a budget!! Whatever it takes, do your best to at least MAINTAIN where you are right now - do NOT change things so that you begin to gain weight. If you're not losing at this stage of the game, then take a break from the frustration and enjoy the place you're at. You worked hard, you deserve it. When you get your gumption back full force, hit at the weight loss hard. Until then, appreciate the LC foods that we're allowed to have in abundance...keep the budget under control so you don't reach for fast food junk...a bag of pre-cut lettuce, real bleu cheese dressing, and some crumbled bacon sure beats anything from Wendy's!

I wish someone had stopped the trend I was on before I sabotaged myself...but alas, it was up to me to really sit and think it through, find new motivation and NOT go back!

Good luck to you.