View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jul-27-02, 08:30
Registered Member

Plan: Somers
Stats: 330/268.5/160
BF:
Progress: 36%

Each family is different, and some of our diet plans are different. So perhaps what works for me, won't work for you, but I thought I'd share some observations with you.

- For lunch, it's usually no cooking here. I eat a lot of salads. At least in the summer. I'm not sure what I'll do when winter rolls around.

However, for now, it's lots of salad - perhaps with some feta cheese or tuna thrown in it.

- For the kids, you are easing them into a modified version. Perhaps they could still eat sandwiches? We allow our kids whole wheat sandwiches. They are doing fine.

We also (like Cinderella) allow them to eat potatoes. However, unlike Cinderlella's kids, mine have chosen to stop eating them! I would cook them and put them on the table for the kids, but no one took any. I've thrown out the last of the potatoes, and I'm not buying any more. One less thing for me to cook!

- And no, you can't eat at McD's anymore - (or maybe you can. Didn't I hear they are coming out with salads now?) but perhaps you can find an all-you-can-eat buffet. They are great. You pick what you want. No throwing away the bread, you just don't pick it up. We find the buffets around here to be as cheap as McD's, and the food is better. (Mind you I'm in a different country!)

Good luck!