View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Jul-26-02, 22:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 050/029/000 Female 5ft, 8 1/2 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

Misty, I have one of those Braun hand held blender wands. Or, you could use a regular blender.

I put some water into my big plastic glass (20oz size) add 2 scoops of vanilla shake mix, some heavy cream, 2 tsp of Splenda, a little vanilla and a Tsp of peanut butter. I blend it for a few seconds and then add crushed ice and blend until it is smooth.

It is a meal replacement for me and it is really great! I've even done it with a Tsp of Hershey's cocoa added to it, but that is 3 more carbs, so I usually skip that.

I don't let it sit long enough to get settled.

Raquel, I've read that even though they have to list the presence of the hydrogenated oils, there really aren't enough in there to make that much difference. I think it's sort of like listing the side effects of meds. They must list it just because there are some present.

I consider this a woe and I can't be so caught up in this diet that it takes over my life. My bloodwork shows great improvement and I feel much better. I know it may take me years to lose weight, but I am learning to live this woe and that is what is important to me. I don't worry about the amount of sugar in my vitamin pills or the small amount of hydrogenated oil in my PB.

Carol