View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jul-26-02, 20:53

Plan: Protein Power LP Dilletan
Stats: 164/145/138 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 73%

Good point Deb,

She seemed to eat meat pretty often, but maybe that was only when family was around. I don't know.

I just always thought that estrogen would have helped her somewhat. I know it's not for everyone, but I think predisposition to osteoporosis is hereditary.

Doreen said walking was a weight-bearing exercise, so dancing should have been too. I mean she didn't actually lift any weights. Maybe she needed to, but I think she was afraid she might break an arm if she tried.

Personally I think there is some benefit to estrogen therapy like any other hormone that depletes with age: DHEA, Human Growth Hormone, Melatonin, etc. I think they all must help make your body think younger. There seems to be a cut-off point that a person gets to where they have higher risk for cancer like greater than 5 years use of HRT.

But I am having a hard time deciding what is the best course for me personally when I get there. I suppose I will have to get into weight-training or something so I don't have to worry about it.