Plan: low glycemic
Stats: // Female jkl
BF:
Progress: 69%
Default Re: Trouble losing weight

Quote:
Originally posted by mjmjmj
[B I cut my calories to between 1200 and 1500 a day. [/B]

Yikes!! You need to raise your calories A LOT. Your calories are already below what it would take to sustain your body if you did nothing except lie onthe couch. You need a MINIMUM of 10x your full body weight in calories to keep you out of starvation mode. 11x or 12 x would be better. If you are lifting, you should also eat about a gram of protein per lb of lean mass. Without knowing your body fat percentage, I'd say no less than 120 g per day. If you want to gain muscle (which will raise your metabolism, shrink your measurements and help you burn fat faster), you should eat even more. I aim for 200g, myself, and soon I'll be raising it to almost 300g. I also eat 2500 calories a day. My stats may only show 30 lbs lost, but that's hiding the fact that I've gained 15 lbs of muscle. 15 lbs of muscle, plus 30 lbs fat gone equals 45 lbs of fat lost. At 210 lbs, I can wear sizes 12 and 14 because of the lifting.

Take some measurements, too, because if you lift and you lose fat and gain muscle at the same time, the scale may not move. For example, in the last month, I have lost 2.5 inches off my waist, 2 off my hips and 1 off each thigh, but my weight on the scale has stayed exactly the same. If I didn't have measurements, I might have thought I was stalled and given up

Hope that helps!

Friday