Old Fri, Jul-26-02, 11:59
Registered Member

Plan: Shark Cycle Plan
Stats: 410/323/250
BF:
Progress: 54%

Quote:
Originally posted by eskimoepie
<<In 12 weeks, I've gained about 15 lbs of muscle and lost more than 20 lbs of fat>>

Thank you for the replies....another question about this statement...does that show a net loss on the scale of 5 pounds?
And, how can you figure out how much fat you are loosing/muscle you are building?

I still don't understand the concept of why the body will burn muscle with longer cardio training. I thought I'd read that the resistance exercies were the best for burning calories because the larger muscle groups burn more efficiently, is this different than burning fat?

I love exercise, but I want to loose weight. I am about 201 and would love to be around 170 now. Should I concentrate on "fat burning exercise" and what exactly is the best of that type of exercise??

Since a pound is a pound on the ordinary weight scale, you wouldn't know which is fat and which is muscle. You would have to get a body fat test to tell, and I'm not talking about one of those goofy scales but a real dunk you in the water test. You can tell if you are building muscle by determining if you are getting stronger (more weight, or more reps with the same weight).

To understand what cardio does to your body, look at the difference in appearance between a long distance runner and a bodybuilder.......which physique do you prefer?

You can choose to lose weight faster by increasing your cardio and not weight training, but 50% of the loss will be muscle loss which will slow down your metabolism.