View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jul-26-02, 09:09

Plan: low glycemic
Stats: // Female jkl
BF:
Progress: 69%

It sounds like you are overtraining. My advice would be to take a whole week off from exercise and let your body rest. Depending on what's in your fat-burner, you might want to do a week off that, too. Any cardio over a half an hour in length can make you lose muscle. Then, on top of that, you're lifting which is telling your body to build muscle. No wonder it's confused. During your week decide what you want to do most. As a newbie to lifting, you can definitely build muscle AND lose fat at the same time. In 12 weeks, I've gained about 15 lbs of muscle and lost more than 20 lbs of fat.) If that's what you want, then keep your lifting and drop your cardio to no more than half an hour 3 or 4 times a week. If you don't mind the risk of losing muscle, then you can keep the cardio and drop the lifting. (Wouldn't be MY personal choice, but that's me) One other tiny tweak - if you absolutely love the swimming, and ditching it would make you unhappy, then keep it. However, part of your body's desire to hold onto fat has to do with regulating your body temp. If you're regularly immersing it in cold water for extended lengths of time, it will think it needs the fat to stay warm. Studies of Olympic-level swimmers show they they have higher body fat percentages than other atheletes despite a similar level of training. Soooooo, you might want to drop the swimming until you are closer to goal.

Cheers!

Friday