View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-25-02, 23:38

Plan: atkins
Stats: 255/210/175
BF:
Progress:
Default Am I doing this wrong?? exercise burning fat or building muscle?

First of all, I love this forum, I have learned so much!! I rarely post but read all the time.

My question is this: I have been doing atkins, started last August, by December had lost 50 pounds. Christmas came and I induldged a little too much...got off track and started gaining again. I am back on the wagon now and have lost about 14 pounds in the last 2 and 1/2 weeks.

I do about an hour of cardio nearly every day and work out with the weight macines nearly every day. I also swim about 3 days a week or when I am feeling especially sluggish and feel like my body is screaming for a break. I sit in the sauna about 3 times a week also. Lately I am feeling dizzy and I haven't been eating more than 20 carbs a day. I will try to increase the carbs and take some potassium supplements too. OH, I also take fat burners. I am pleased with the loss of inches and am starting to see results in the muscles in my legs and arms. I drink at least 120ounces of water a day.

My biggest question.... I saw on some of the other threads that you can't loose fat while building muscle?? I just don't understand this, sorry to sound ignorant....I need some education here, I feel like I am doing both but maybe I am doing this wrong. Do I understand that you can be in ketosis, and have to pick which you want to target?? Muscle building or fat burning?? I thought ketosis was a sure sign that you are burning your own fat for fuel, so I am lost here. I fugured that if you were burning your fat for fuel and were working with resistance training that you could do both. HELP!!!

Thanks!

Michelle in Alaska
Sponsored Links