#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-25-02, 20:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 172/164/140
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default induction confusion

hi all,

i'm a little confused. i've been doing induction for over two weeks now. i've been eating what dr. atkin's says is ok, but am getting mixed messages on what is ok. i ordered products from the atkin's catalogue that are supposedly approporiate for induction (phase 1 of atkin's). while you are not allowed to eat nuts during induction, the catalogue says that the atkin's brand banana NUT muffins are ok during induction. so how am I not allowed to eat nuts but i can have banana nut muffins?

am i even allowed to eat a 2 carb muffin for breakfast? or a 2 carb slice of carbolite cheesecake for desert during induction?

another frustration: i have not strayed from induction but my ketostix are barely in the pink even though a week ago they were purple. what is going on? does TOM have any affect on ketostix?

i was put on medications this week and was told to stop excerisicng for for two weeks. can this afect ketosis even if i'm under 20 carbs a day?

finally, i read in a post today that an atkin's bar may in fact have 7 grams of carbs instead of 2 because of hidden carbs. what are hidden carbs? wouldn't the atkin's people know about these hidden carbs?

any advice, feedback would be greatly appreciated. thanks!
Sponsored Links