View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jul-25-02, 16:10

Plan: low glycemic
Stats: // Female jkl
BF:
Progress: 69%

I agree with all of the menu suggestions posted. I'll actually go Mexican on purpose when I want to eat out and low-carb so I can have fajitas. Just put the chips next to HIM and leave the tortillas alone. Breakfast out should be easy no matter where you go - eggs, cheese, ham, bacon, sausage etc. If you find you need to do damage control, you can always have a "Heller hour" once each day. What that means is that from the moment the first food touches your lips, you have one hour to eat it, carbs, dessert and all. Note that the first food is ANY food, even LC foods, so if your meal is salad, pasta and dessert, you have an hour from the first bite of saqlad, not an hour from the first bite of pasta. The reason this works is that insulin is released in two stages, and stopping after an hour prevents the second stage release. For some people, this 'cheat' hour causes cravings and they can't stop, or they go on a week long binge. If this is you, then don't do it. However, this is basically the essence of the CAD program. Carbs confined to once a day, for not more than an hour.

Good luck and tell us how it works!

Friday