View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jul-25-02, 08:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 197/195/140 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Hi!
I just wanted to share a story here about a friend of mine that lost well over 100lbs. It was a guy, so of course some of the cellulite stuff won't really apply (guys sure do have it good ). He chose LC to lose the weight and he worked out just about everyday at the gym for a few hours (not quite so long in the beginning, but then he started to make friends and it became a very social thing as well). Anyways...the point of my story is that the only place that he had saggy skin was around his belly, and that seems to be slowly starting to go away as well. He lost the weight over the course of just over a year at an overall average rate of about 10lbs per month. That is around 2lbs per week for a year which is a safe rate of loss (so I've read).

For women it may be a little different as far as where we will "sag" because when we work out our arms don't get as muscular (as big) as men's do, so we have less to fill them out. Good muscle tone should take care of that problem. Just the other day Oprah had a show on about people that lost a lot of weight and one girl went from a size 26 to a size 6. They showed her arms and they were toned and looked great , so it may be more of an individual thing how your skin reacts to you shrinking(age, smoker, amount of exercise, etc).

I'm no expert, so don't take my word as gospel, but I just thought that I would share my experience...anyone with personal experience with this may be a better judge than I.

Take care,
KC