View Single Post
  #180   ^
Old Wed, Jul-24-02, 07:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/219/150
BF:
Progress: 19%

Good Morning Girls,

Melanie, I need to pay closer attention, I'm sorry I thought your mother inlaw was the witness. I am glad to hear that it is your mother, she has an incredible support system in them. I've never met a more careing group of people than Jehovah's Witnesses.
I need to put a hurting on my house, it's a mess...lol.

Karin, enjoy your quiet time. You deserve it. My step father has a cabin in Charles City. He started out camping as he built.

We have been weight training every day as my mother has been down with alergies and unable to go on our walks. This morning there was a piece on the local news that reminded me that my muscles need to rest so I skipped it this time, but will be back at it tomorrow

I have worked my reps up to 60 leg lifts [30 lbs sitting and lifting to the front] 2 times, 50 leg curls [30 lbs laying on belly and lifting] 2 times, 60 butterflies [15 lbs each arm] 2 times, 15 presses, 10 presses and then as many as I can do usually between 5-8 [50 lbs]. I think I may increase the weight next time rather than the reps, but I need to think about that. My intent is NOT to become "muscle bound" and I need to weigh that with my understanding that bigger muscles burn more calories, even while they are at rest. Balance is the key.

Bruce, my husband, has been doing great. Still no sugar or "bad" carbs. I was telling him yesterday that I don't think he really needs to be concerned with keeping his carb count as low as mine, as he doesn't need to lose as much as redistribute the weight he has. He has really lost quickly, from 226 to 214 in just 5 days. He has always been one of those people who could lose easily just by missing one meal. I won't fuss over that right now...but I think you know what I feel about that...lol. According to the "charts" his weight should be somewhere between 165 and 185. I don't agree with that at all. He is 6' 2" and if he were that thin he would simply be gaunt and frankly unhealthy looking. I think that a fit 195-205 is more like it, while he wants to build up to a muscular 220 [I have no problem with this at all ]. What do you guys think?

I haven't really been drinking enough water lately. Our water delivery is scheduled for later this month and the tap water here is awful. I know I need to do better, and will.

Later,

Renee'