View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jul-23-02, 14:12

Plan: Whole Foods Since 2/02
Stats: 360.5/174.5/200 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%

DebPenny, as usual, you are right on. I recall that part of the book well b/c I took notes before my first whole food shopping to make sure the olive oil I got was extra virgin.

In fact, I found that Costco Wholesale sells a whole gallon of STAR brand extra virgin 100 percent FIRST COLD PRESSED olive oil there, along with THE BEST sugar-free balsalmic vinegar you ever had and dirt cheap!

In that quote on top, the author states that sesame oil is for cooking. This is totally contrary to what Dr. S says. She explicitly states that sesame oil should be used ONLY for like tossing or drizzling, not for cooking. In her recipe book for I think it's cauliflower or broccoli, she has rice vinegar and sesame oil as an ingredient in a cooked vegetable dish. And clearly states the sesame oil is to be added AFTER the dish has been cooked, to just toss with the veggies.

I have my SP book loaned out again, so I can't give you page numbers, sorry. But DebPenny is right, any LITE oils are to be avoided. It's the extra virgin olive you want.