View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jul-22-02, 14:32

Plan: Whole Foods Since 2/02
Stats: 360.5/174.5/200 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%

I agree that the Dateline show was pretty good. I think the reporter's name is Rob or Judd Maekowitz (spelling I KNOW is wrong). But that's the name that I seem to remember.

He started out on Atkins, and has now moved to The Zone, or something somewhere in between. Like most of us, he has tailored it to his own body's needs.

The piece was well done and I was happy to see a report that was positive toward low carb.

I saw the rerun of the 48 Hours show. I recall it aired earlier in the year. Although they did update several of the people's progress. I felt terrible for that teenage girl who had done the stomach stapling and lost all that weight, and now was stalled--most likely b/c of the crap she was eating. Did anyone else catch that what they showed her eating? A huge hot fudge dessert and some other garbagy foods, and quite a bit of them. Really sad.

To go through such drastic surgery, then revert to old way of eating. I have known several people (women) who have stapled and lost, then gained it all back plus more. Sad, and I could've been one of them!

Someone needs to get hold of that young woman and tell her about the SP.

Anyway, the 20/20 segment was interesting, but as I mentioned in my journal entry today, the best part was Barbara Walters' cynical commentary after the segment. Well, I won't repeat my comments, if you wish, go to my journal and read for yourself.

Sorry to ramble, but wanted to chime in and say YES I watched them, all of them and was happy that our WOL is finally getting some better press these days.

--Betty