View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jul-22-02, 14:03

Plan: Whole Foods Since 2/02
Stats: 360.5/174.5/200 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%

Lisa,

First, I appreciate your advice so much. I love to read your posts, thanks for your help here.

I so agree with you about the cashews. I just love them. Maybe too much?! I find that I do much better to eat them with another protein, like a string cheese b/c they tend to give me a little more cravings if I eat them plain.

But sometimes I have to, if I am away from home. I just eat them plain and I am prepared for the any cravings that come my way. So I know exactly what you mean about they are carby.

I bought some raw brazil nuts, unsalted, and they are like eating cardboard. I was so disappointed! I love them roasted and salted, but these raw are terrible. They are the first raw nut I have not liked. What can I do to salvage the ones I have?

Can I grind them up and use them for mortar? Grout? Seriously, they need something or need to be an ingredient in something. Perhaps I can roast them myself, will that help?

Carberrys, I hope you are able to get your eating plan smoothed out. Lisa is absolutely right on on all the points she has made. And she's been doing this a long time. You really need to get the book. No advice we give can you will help if you don't have the book as a foundation and know what the plan is about. Please just buy the book and read it.

--TheBetty