#3   ^
Old Mon, Jul-22-02, 10:37
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Unhappy Angry at that pyramid!

My roommate and I were just talking about this last night.
I had just watched a movie with my children on Disney and my kids noticed what the kids in the movie were eating and wanted to know why we ate so differently that other kids. Which is true even though movies normally don't show what the real world does or looks like.

This got me thinking which I shared with my roommate and we both started to get angry.. First we were angry at Food. I mean, why oh why does our bodies react the way they do to bad carbs and sweets?! I know for me I am a victim of the Low Fat diet where meat was dropped and veggies and bread was increased.
I gained 110 lbs on this diet. Oh sure I cheated and ate ice cream and pastrys but that was ok as long as it was low fat.
lies, lies, lies!!
Then we realized its not food we were mad at but how dooped we all were to think that meat, butter, and oils were bad, when all along it was carbs. Someone taught us and our parents that fat was the bad guy. We are brain washed! Even now, being on Atkins for almost a year, I can't get that low fat nonscense out of my head. It makes looking at low fat ice cream even harder. It makes potatoes and rice seem so innocent. For me, this makes me angry.

I do hope that with the new information out there that marketing people get on the band wagon and make products that are higher fat, lower carbs, and have great appeal. Hopefully they won't charge an arm and a leg