View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jul-22-02, 09:00

Plan: My own
Stats: -/-/- Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%

My first and best suggestion is that you start a journal...I know you looked for feedback on a daily menu last week...if you start a journal a few of us can check in on you everyday to see how your menus look and try to identify what's going on.

That being said...how your respond to the diet is going to depend on a lot of things including your past history of dieting (lots of weight gain and loss will mean your metabolism is very resistant to losing weight and needs to heal a bit beforehand)...are you close to your TOM? That'll mean you gain water weight! Oh, and speaking of water weight...when you start losing fat, your cells will replace the fat with water for a little while (kind of a placeholder) - water is heavier than fat so it could be that those 2 lbs are water weight. You may very well step on the scale one day and find yourself down a few pounds (aka a visit from the whoosh fairy).

Finally...stop weighing yourself! Take some baseline measurements - bust, chest, waist, hips, thighs - and then put the measuring tape away for a while. Give yourself and your body 4-6 good weeks to get used to it and use a pants-o-meter to "measure" progress. Use other means to see how you're doing...do you have a lot of energy all of a sudden? Has your appetite disappeared?

Good luck!

Lisa