View Single Post
  #172   ^
Old Mon, Jul-22-02, 07:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 181/156/150
BF:
Progress: 81%

Morning Ladies!
It's gonna be another real hot one today. It's my day off, worked all weekend. Wanted to do something outside but don't think I want to deal with the heat. Should clean my house but would rather do something fun .

Tried the lasagne recipe yesterday with the zuccini instead of pasta. It was sooooo good. I used Paul Numan's sauce. It was the lowest of all the ready made spaghetti sauces. Even hubby loved it. I also put mushrooms in mine and a bit of left over cooked chicken but just a little.

Oh, the 48 Hour show on the Atkins diet was a total bust and I was so disappointed. I thought the whole show would be on Atkins but it wasn't. They left that until the very end and then spent to much time on the Dr. and his personal life. They said there has been no real scientific tests done to see the overall effects of the diet for long term. One doctor did do a study and found that Atkins was a much faster weight reducer than a low fat diet. They also noted that people health was good although some people bad cholesteral went up the good cholesteral went up too so I guess they counter acted each other. Anyhow didn't really learn anything new.

Well, I have been doing Atkins for 2 weeks now and have lost 11 pounds. I am very pleased. I know this rapid loss will stop soon but it's been a fun ride so far.

Jane: I hope you have a fantastic time and I will keep my fingers crossed for you that you won't be too tempted.

Are any of you using those ketosis strips?

Well I am off to clean much to my dismay but somebodies got to do it!

See ya!
Karin