#62   ^
Old Sun, Jul-21-02, 17:34

Plan: No Grain Diet www.mercola
Stats: 181/173/173 Male 72"
BF:18/12/10
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally posted by fridayeyes
FYI - one can buy Coconut MILK in cans in the ethnic (Thai) section of the supermarket. I am not 100% certain it's the same stuff, but in 1/2 cup has 180 cals, 170 from fat, 17 g fat, 12 saturated, 2 g carbs. Label warns it will solidify if refrigerated. Betcha it's the same stuff.

I will be trying some tomorrow.

Cheers,

Friday

OK< so real Coconut Oil will have like 14g fat, 12.5 saturated fat per serving (notice the HIGH saturated fat). So yours has a little but below this ratio, so I suppose it is like 90% pure, so more or less the same exact thing, just a little bit less 'pure' (did I just sound like a drug dealer?). But you are right it you other post about coconut oil sold at health stores being 'hella expensive'

Quote:
Originally posted by fridayeyes
I think I've just found the newest thing to have in my coffee and shakes! The milk is liquid, unlike the oil, and it's not bad straight. I have a feeling we're just getting cheap MCTs, but hey, it beats heck out of the $14 bucks I saw on the 16 oz bottle of MCT oil at the grocery store. The coconut milk ranges from a buck to 2 bucks for a 13.5 oz can.

Did you look at my movie theatre coconut oil link? They sell coconut oil for popcorn popping (what real movie theatres use I believe) and not for health food reasons, and it is like 1/6th the price. Look at my previous post in this thread for that link, you are right about being expensive.

PS, thanks to Zeus for the lowfat Poptars carb-up advice. This is the perfect carbup food, 80g carbs per 2 poptarts, with barley any fat, and these are good too!! The brown sugar ones make me feel happy when I eat them. I couldn't find any Entimans low fat things, everything was 'full-fat' so to speak at the store I went to.