View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Jul-21-02, 10:37

Plan: '72 Atkins
Stats: 224/193/170 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 57%
Talking Is it too late to join in?

Sammi, Brandy and Donna, could you stand another member? I've been an inactive member of these forums the last four months, but have lost 20 lbs. since Christmas. I did keep an active journal the first few months of the year but Life and other obligations got in the way--that and a lousy computer . I think now what I need is a group situation, with the kind of encouragement you guys are giving.

I have two kids--Tiffany (13) and Kelly (10). Tiff is trying to do the low carbing with me--she broke her foot at the first of the summer and was so concerned about gaining weight while she's been down and out, I've tried to fill the house with low carb snacks and fruits. My son has lost 4 lbs. this summer, much to his delight! And grown, too--he's stretching I stayed at home with them when they were young--it was hard at times, but so worth it! Wouldn't trade the experience for anything, and know especially for my son, now that he is older, that it was the best thing to do. In fact, he is the reason I quit work--he was a hard baby, and was "fired" from two babysitters!! That was terrible.

I am older than you kids --hit 40 this year. But, I turned in a big way to Christ this year, to give me strength--my husband had major heart surgery in January, and I know friends' and families' prayers are what got us through--that and low-carbing! I lost most of my weight during that time (all the worry? actually, I didn't worry that much--no time!). He did not come out of the surgery as well as we'd hoped, so much of the physical responsibilities around here are on my shoulders. That's why I am back to active low carbing--we don't know what the future will bring (could be heart transplant eventually) so I know I must be as strong as I can possibly be. Low-carbing can (and will) help. I am positive Faith and Low Carbing got me through the first part of this year! I wish I hadn't let my journal fade away as I posted often about what we were going through. It would be interesting to see again--after getting through that, I hope and believe I can get through anything.

I am rambling--I hope you don't mind a once-SAHM but now working outside the home (I worked harder when I was at home fulltime!) stay and contribute. If my plans work out, I'll be a SAHM again--I thoroughly believe that high schoolers need mom at home even more than when they were in elementary school! .