View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Jul-21-02, 07:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 251.5/231.5/150
BF:
Progress: 20%
Talking You gals are just what I need to stay on track!!!

Thanks Donna and Brandy for sharing in this journey of weight loss with me!! I am so encouraged by you both!! I'm now filling my clean slate with all the right stuff and loving it!!! I'm not giving that scale any power over me!

Brandy, love the mottos....I've heard a variation of #2 that I've been saying it goes like this "If you want something you've never had...you have to do something you've never done". Point in yours and this--can't stay the same with habits if we want change. This phrase I wrote comes from the Chrisitian motivatioinal speaker Mike Murdock.

Brandy, you can start your own individual journal if you'd like under journal and yours would be under 'D' for Dietmom. But, we love hearing about your day here too. I have a journal in there. I try to post everyday...anyone is welcome to read and post in journals.

Yipee to you Brandy on the pickleI've heard that takes away the craving for sweet. True? And good job Donna on avoiding those full of carb snacks at the movies. I readsomewhere in Active low-carbers one lady told the theatre that she had to bring her water because she was diabetic and they allowed it. When I read that I thought...there is no reason why they shouldn't allow us low-carbers to bring water and low-carb snacks (if they don't carry any) with the reason given as--I have to control my blood sugar level.

This low carb way of eating sure is taking off. My local drugstore-Eckerd now carries the Carbo-lite version of chocolate bars and the convience store Sheetz now has low carb power bars.

I think low carb chocolate is a God send for us!! I have eaten the endulge and think is reeeeaaaaaall good but I actually like Ross Chocolate better. It, to me really tastes better than carb-filled chocolate. Some people have found them in their drugstore but I've ordered online.

Good job on the exercise and exercise plan ladies. I've just been thinking that I should get back to it so things move more quickly (actually at this point move at all). I love kickboxing!! That is the highest calorie burner I've heard. I've heard the pilates is good too--even though I'm not sure how they work.

Donna, I gotta have that broccoli/bacon salad too!!!! I love those items together!!

Brandy, the water tip is great. Gonna try it today!

You ladies have a wonderful low-carb day!!

Samantha