#11   ^
Old Sat, Jul-20-02, 16:11
Registered Member

Plan: sugarbusters
Stats: 270/242.00/142
BF:
Progress: 22%
Default Finaly an Atkins diet study

Isn't it amazing that these people have no qualms about advising people against a diet with out knowing what it could or couldn't do.
Just imagine if all the patients that went for a stomach bypass operation {of which there are more than two kinds}, were given the option of first trying to eat their way to a weight loss by following Dr, Atkins diet.
It appears that no body died on the program ,{ from being on the program,} but we all know some people have died from the effects of the stomach operation, haven't we?
Wasn't that just cruel that these people were not given the chance to find out if Atkins is for them or not?
I asked my Doctor for some help since I need to lose weight, and all he could say ways to go to a nutritionist or as one said "eat a balanced diet"
What does that mean?
I'm following Sugar Busters right now because it is the least restrictive, but I'm not loosing weight. So I'm thinking I want to try Atkins full swing, but I want a DR. To follow me with the required blood profile tests etc.
Certainly ,when I went on a protein shake diet with only one meal aday, that was approved by my my internst, and I had the usual follow up visits to make sure blood sugar was ok and cholesterol level okay.
So it is okay to starve yourself but eat good meats and cheese and eggs and some veggies and your going to kill yourself. All Because the diet was pronounced NO GOOD with no reasonable idea of how the diet works. perhaps this study will not just support Atkins diet, but a less stringent one being Sugar Busters, which allows for some fats.
Sugar seems to be the problem with many people and if they could adjust with Atkins, might they better save a leg or a body part? or have no reason to take insulin shots at all? The study needs to be done further to see how diabetics could be saved from the ravages of that horrible disease, merely by eating differently than the ADA claims.

In addition they say nothing about how many people can go on to eat fruit, other low glycemic veggies with out hindering their health with a continued form of Dr. Atkins. program.

Shame on them all for their lack of scientific inquieries.
One more thing: I know of a family who had a 13 yr old son that was 50 pounds overweight and became a diabetic. They were lucky enough to find a doctor who prepare the kid for eating a restricted diet. Dr. Atkins program. He said to the kid, you can have all the burgers you want with cheese and steak, but no french fries, whipped cream with strawberries; but no sugar and no soda;You can have brocoli with real butter, egg omellettes with cheese, bacon, but no home fries and no bread. Do you think you can do that for me for 2 weeks?
The child has lost the 50 pounds and eats as much broccoli with butter as he wants, eats eggs, steak, bacon, pork chops,etc, which is all REAL FOOD. Nothing processed!!
He has regained his self esteem and is not a diabetic any longer, and considers himself "allergic to sugar and carbs" much like the kids who can't have peanut butter.
No happier story ever told!!!
I wish I could see that doctor!!