#8   ^
Old Sat, Jul-20-02, 14:50
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 191.5/183.5/130
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hi guys...

As I've been reading the message board several people have referred to the first time doing Atkins being an opportunity to make the most of weight loss. I'm just going by what others have said but I guess if you stop and start this WOE your body will adjust to the rigors of induction and fight you somewhat. Our bodies...what a marvel they are.

I know what you mean about the scale. It has dictated the start of my day for many years. I am trying not to let it impact me, just being thankful for the way I feel.

Last night my husband and I went to the movies. Normally the movies is a major eating trigger for me so I prepared beforehand. While my husband took his usual goodies, I packed Carbolite Jelly Beans, pork rinds, and a diet drink. No, I'm not proud of "sneaking it in" but that's another discussion. ha

Anyway, it worked out GREAT! I didn't even eat the pork rinds and the jelly beans were soooo good. I got them at Walgreens. Highly recommended...after induction, of course. I know I should be able to go to the movies without goodies but...baby steps, baby steps, right?

Today is a new day, Samantha, so I hope you're not beating yourself up over last night. Believe me, I understand. Sometimes those goodies just look too good to pass up. If we had to be perfect to do this we'd never log on this site. Today you have a clean slate and can begin again.

I like your mottos, Brandy. One I like is, "A moment on the lips...forever on the hips!" ha

I have started doing a kickboxing workout at home and like to walk often for exercise. It's hard to fit it in to a busy mommy schedule, as you both know, but I figure I'm setting an example to my little ones by doing so. I don't do it nearly as often as I should but I'm trying to do it more consistently to get farther along in my weight loss.

Congratulations on conquering that "sweet tooth mountain," Brandy. You're doing great and the longer you win those little victories, the easier it will be.

My next mountain is tonight with a bunch of girlfriends who want to eat mexican food at someone's house. I know I can't have beans and tostadas but I made my own LC cheesecake for dessert and a GREAT broccoli bacon salad. Sounds gross, but it is wonderful.

Okay, here I am taking up all this room on our board. Hope you both have a wonderful day!

Donna