View Single Post
  #170   ^
Old Sat, Jul-20-02, 12:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 228/224.4/180 Female 5 ft. 6 in.
BF:
Progress: 7%

Hi Ya'll... I am finally feeling more like my old self. I was really tired, jet lag, I guess.
Karin, I bet your husband was a little upset, having waited all that time for nothing, I would be. I bet his thumb will be sore.
Jane, I have not thought about making the cheese things in the oven, that is a splendid idea.
I noticed in your post earlier that you were having a hard time making the roasted green beans. I have done them under the broiler in my oven, it works pretty good. They never get crispy for me either, but they taste good.
I used ketostix this morning and it said no trace. I dont know what I did but I am back on strict induction today. I know I ate to much salad while on my trip. I will just stay strictly to less than 20 carbs for a few days, and maybe I will make up for it.
I have to tell ya'll, I sat next to this really good looking guy on the plane, going from Phoenix to Vegas. He was about 30 to 35 years old. I talked with him a little. When we got to Vegas he said "Well, have a good time..." That same night we went to a show called Legends. He was ELVIS impersonater!!! He looked exactly like Elvis when he was young and baby faced. My heart just melted.
I know I am married and love my husband dearly, but I am not dead yet. After the show, he was sitting outside the theater giving autographs, when he saw me, he said your the one from the plane. It was so much fun.... Imagine the chances of sitting next to someone on the plane, and then happening to go to the show they where in.
I will tell you another thing, it was no small feat to pass on all that good food. Every kind of dessert you can imagine. I could have gained back every ounce that I have lost. I am surprised I did not gain weight just looking at it all. It was not easy to eat my little turkey and cheese and watch everybody else having gooey chocolate stuff. But I did it! I am glad to be home though, it is not so hard, when you dont have all that stuff, right at your fingertips. I just kept thinking about the size 10. I would hate to have to go back to the 12.
I am going to have to go post in my journal. I did not keep up with everything in Vegas, so I will just have to start from when I got back.
I will be talking to ya'll later...