View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jul-19-02, 18:40

Plan: combined
Stats: 14-16/8/6
BF:
Progress:
Default Hot Research from Duke for Atkids!

Hello Low Carb Friends!

You Atkids are going to *love* this press release out of Duke University! The title alone should immediately grab your attention: "Low-Carb Diet Effective in Research Study". In this press release researchers at Duke University report that a study of the Atkins diet shows"...a low-carbohydrate diet can indeed lead to significant and sustained weight loss." They placed subjects on a ketogenic, very low carb diet of less than 25 grams per day for 6 months. 80% of the participants stayed on the diet throughout the 6 months and they lost an average of 10% of their body weight which amounted to about 20 pounds. They also reported that cholesterol levels improved, much to the researchers surprise.

To read this easy-to-read press release, go here:
http://news.mc.duke.edu/news/article.php?id=5676

The abstract at the Amercican Journal of Medicine is here:
http://www.medicinedirect.com/journ...002934302011294

BTW, I have two other links to oldie-but-goodie LC study results from Duke University on my web site along with over 100 additional links to LC research that provides you with the information you need to educate your family, friends, physicians and other health care providers about the benefits of LCing. This collection includes prestigious sources such as Harvard University, Johns Hopkins, and Stanford University and major scientific publications such as American Journal of Clinical Nutrition and the Journal of the American Medical Association.

To access the collection, go to my web site at www.lowcarbsuccess.net and click on the RESEARCH button. The Duke studies are in the category "Ketosis & Ketogenic Diets."

Happy reading!

Laura Richard
Author of The Secret to Low Carb Success: How To Get The Most Out Of Your Low Carbohydrate Diet
www.lowcarbsuccess.net
Available through LowCarb.ca Bookstore