View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jul-19-02, 08:48

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 195/187/138
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Keto Products

That's great to see that someone has found a source for Keto. I was all set to order from the internet, that is until I saw the shipping charges!!! I would like to try a low carb alternative to cereal for a once and a while treat and so $12.00 isn't the end of the world. Not for every day, but on occasion. I'm going to check out the store in Oshawa.
I'm on the Protein Power Plan and I've been on it since the beginning of July. At first, I was eating way too much protein and wasn't losing. Now that I weigh and measure my foods I am on a "losing streak". Even though I have 49 pounds left to lose, I am pumped that I've already lost eight. My brother and parents are also on the plan and we support each other. I have yoyo dieted all my life and am lucky that I can even lose weight at all anymore. I do find that, even though the Eades say wine is OK once a day, 3 to 6 oz. that if I do this, it slows me right down. What is cool is that you know it is there as an option. This plan is so sensible. You just have to eat a certain amount of protein a day (per meal) and as you move from Phase 1 to Phase 2 to Maintenance, you increase your carb intake to where your body tells you to put on the brakes or put on the weight. It is highly adaptable from person to person.
The Atkins bars and shakes are yummy and I find, a good emergency meal that travels well. The prices are ridiculous, 40.00 for a can of shake powder and 57.00 for a box of 15 bars, but, if you forgo the emergency stock, grab some fast food once you are starving to death...you probably pay the same or more for your meal moneywise, and have taken one step backward in your diet. Too high a price to pay.