View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Jul-18-02, 15:59

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 191/152/155
BF:
Progress: 108%
Talking Drinking Beer!

I just could not give up beer drinking - that and sugar sweetened ice tea. I am one of the Atkins types that says I don't eat that much but keep gaining weight. That is because I was drinking much of my sugar! Beer started to get to me anyway so I gave it up almost entirely - maybe 5 beers in the last 3.5 months. The hardest thing was to give up the iced tea. I really don't like all artificial sweeteners and make do with a little sucralose here and there. I have been drinking small quantities of red dry wine which has braked my weight loss some. There are several health benefits with one glass of wine a day. On the other hand I am someone who is perfect for the Atkins diet. I have not eaten much candy except for chocolate for the last 26years. I don't like many cakes or pies. I do not have to have iced cream. I can't stand home fries in the morning. I really like french fries but could also give them up easy and was easy to give up all other potatoes. Also found it easy to give up pasta. So the sacrifices for me to do Atkins were much less than others.