View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-17-02, 23:24
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 232/210/170 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:39.5/38.8/25
Progress: 35%
Default Need Advice - Did I mess up the induction process?

Hi,

I need a bit of advice . . .
I've got a journal going under HappyMomma if you want all the details. But basically I restarted Atkins Induction after a high-grade migraine. So Sunday was day 1 (again) - I did pretty good up until today - I had a major emotional meltdown last night & I ended up feeling terrible today = I gave in to one of my comfort foods - a tall decaf soymilk latte. Due to this breach of plan, and my second indulgence today (6 oz. of beer) I ended up consuming 43g of carbs.

I know this isn't too terribly high - but it doesn't count as induction . . . right? The two indulgences today were for emotional reasons - I really seem to already be past carb. cravings. And I haven't felt any insulin spikes & crashes at all - even today.

So what would you recommend? If I want to keep doing Atkins, do I need to start over again, and count tomorrow as day 1? Or is this just a bump in the road, and I should count tomorrow as day 5?

Realistically I think I'll probably end up on Schwarzbein, but I was excited about the possibility of dropping off quite a few pounds to get me going. However, if necessary I can also really accept the fact that with my current state of health, LCing - keeping my carbs. under 45g a day, might be better for me & I will still lose weight.

As you can tell, I have been struggling with making a decision about what to do. TIA for any suggestions and advice.
Sponsored Links