View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jul-17-02, 13:57
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Well, if you drink caffeinated drinks you definitely need to be drinking at least 80+ oz per day because of their diuretic effect.

Please note that caffeine taxes the liver which plays a large part in the efficient metabolism of fats.....so the more you can cut down on the caffeine, the better.

You really cannot afford to "get depressed" because you haven't lost any weight in 4 days!! Girlfriend!! Have a little more patience than that! Ask any long-term low-carber about their plateaus and stalls and 99% of them will tell you they've had plenty! A plateau after 2-3 weeks is VERY common, especially after a rapid loss of 12 lbs. The body is being asked to make lots of adjustments, so have patience with it, ok? And do NOT make the mistake of lowering your calories or fat during these times of slower weight loss....that's the old mindset that less is better....doesn't apply to low-carbing!!

Hey, listen.... I had a 7 week stall where my weight did not MOVE all during that time. But I stuck with the program and it's started to drop again. If I'd have bailed out of the program then, I'd be 10 lbs heavier than I am now.... and probably more.

This way of eating will not fail you if you adhere to the principles and have patience. This can be a very rapid weight loss for some, but for most of us it's about 1/2-1 lb. a week AVERAGE. That is to say, many of us go 2-3 weeks with no weight loss and then suddenly drop 2-3 lbs in one day. That is quite common.

Hang in there and get real comfy with this new way of life and try real hard not to be discouraged..... celebrate every time you pass up a dinner roll or a bowl of ice cream and know that you're in this for the long haul and a FANTASTIC state of health for LIFE!! Those kinds of changes cannot be brought about in a month or two after a lifetime of nutritional abuse, right?

Be happy!! You're normal!! You're doing great!!!!