View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jul-17-02, 10:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/205/145 Female 5' 9-1/2"
BF:
Progress: 37%

All I can say is "Wow!" That was the first time I ever saw a story on television that presented the LC WOE in such positive terms; of course it took someone living the LC WOE to do it. Admittedly he focussed on being able to eat his favorite food, steak, but he did at least mention eating salad on induction and then adding additional veggies later.

The best part was when the reporter was interviewing Dean Ornish; the difference in the way they looked was proof in itself, IMHO. Ornish looks terrible; like someone on a low-fat low-protein torture diet, whereas the LC reporter had that positively healthy glow we all see now when we look in the mirror.

And it was refeshing to see Ornish grilled instead of being allowed to make whatever outrageous claims he wants without being challenged. He did not look happy.

Now the low-fat people will say that it was not an unbiased report because the reporter is a low carber, but he made that clear from the beginning and I'll bet the rest of the reporters who have been dumping on the LC WOE all these years were on low-fat diets.

Karla