View Single Post
  #16   ^
Old Wed, Jul-17-02, 08:43

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 191/152/155
BF:
Progress: 108%
Talking Southern Belle from Bluebell

You are young! Look at me at 47 I felt hopeless weighing as much as 195. You have reached a goal before - you know it works! Have confidence, just focus, stay dedicated!

Also it is my opinion that we need to make sure as we move through LC phases to have many food choices to sort of mimic what we had before. I think this will help lower temptations to eat bad food. If I eat eggs every morning for the next 5 years I might get tired of the whole thing. But I am now trying LC cereals to alternate and sort of mimic choices I had before the diet. The same with Pasta , Pizza, and bread. I am trying LC pasta & sauce, LC pizza dough, LC bread. Eventually my food choices will be similar to before the diet but just LC versions.

The other thing is we all have to be satisfied with whatever losses we achieve. I know I got stuck at 172 for over 3 weeks and got discouraged. I kept telling myself well at least I feel better at this weight.

As far as jobs - I had the same problem trying to break in the job market in 1978. Just persevere and be a go-getter! I have to say this again you are young and it may take a few years for you to get established - of course that does not help today. Even consider a Masters degree or MBA. I have to tell you things I wish I had done at your age. Also last year somebody turned me onto a book that I wish I had read starting out called How to Win Friends and Influence people by Dale Carnegie. Good Luck!
Sponsored Links