Thread: LC Chocolate
View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jul-16-02, 20:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/205/145 Female 5' 9-1/2"
BF:
Progress: 37%
I make my own chocolate candy bars, which are so much better than any of the SF chocolate I've tasted.

1/2 ounce of the best unsweetened chocolate you can find; I just bought an 11 pound piece of Callebaut
1 ounce cocoa butter
1/2 ounce paraffin, shaved
the equivalent of 1/2 cup artificial sweetener or to taste

Melt the chocolate, cocoa butter, and paraffin in a double boiler, add sweetener, and pour into a mold of some kind. (You can make them out of freezer paper and cream cheese containers, but I got tired of that, so I bought candy bar molds). Makes two one-ounce bars or one two-ounce bar.

The unsweetened chocolate has 2 carbs, the cocoa butter none, the paraffin none, and how many the sweetener has depends on which one you use. I use non-Splenda sucralose, which has none, so my candy bars have 1 gram each.

The paraffin keeps the candy from melting at room temperature, unless of course the room temperature is 90!

So far I have flavored the chocolate with mint and with orange, and have added toasted almonds to the mold before pouring in the chocolate.

I also bought molds for peanut butter cups, truffles, and bon bons, and intend to experiment with filled chocolates. This is so much fun and my DH thinks he has died and gone to LC heaven!

Karla