Old Mon, Jul-15-02, 07:52

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%
Default Re: Lack of hunger; don't feel like eating

Quote:
Originally posted by destro
I just am not interested in eating. I don't feel hungry. For the first time in my adult life I don't care about food.

I know that this is not good; the first day that I did not eat much resulted in a weight gain of two pounds.

Actually think about this for a moment. First time in your adult life that you have not thought about food. First time in your life you are not planning out a day about what you are going to eat and when.

This isn't a good thing? It is to me. I find this to be the best part of eating this way. For the first time in my life my stomach isn't twisting and turning, tying itself in knots because I haven't eaten in 3 hours. Or making horrible noises at the most inapproperiate times, like during meetings with clients. I feel like I have been set free at last. Free of being controlled by foods and thoughts of food. I now look at food as a fuel and not as something that controls me. I find that pretty empowering.

I eat three meals a day, if I am not hungry, then I eat smaller portions but I still eat something just to make sure my body is fueled up for the day's activities. Not being controlled by food or the thought of food has freed my mind up for more important things in life.

While my co workers eat "diet foods" and starving to death and complaining about starving to death and not losing anything, I enjoy feeling completely satisfied and seeing the weight drop.

Isn't this the best thing in the world?