View Single Post
  #26   ^
Old Sat, Jul-13-02, 18:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/170/155
BF:
Progress: 57%
Default great recipe

It was my birthday last week and my husband wanted to take me to dinner, probably more for him than me! We went for Mexican food and I ordered something that I had forgotten about. It was so good that I made it a few days later and thought I would share it with you.
It is an Atkins Enchilada. I ordered a large plate of shredded lettuce topped with enchilada sauce and lots and lots of cheese, all put under the heat so it was nice and melted. Of course, I splurged and got the sides of avocado and sour cream. When I made it at home, I popped everything, except the avocado and sour cream, in the microwave for at least 3 minutes to get it all bubbly. It was so good that my family wanted some of it.
The enchilada sauce was 3 gr. for 1/4 cup and I tried to keep it right around there. The cheese and lettuce is a big 0 gr. The salsa is 1 gr. per 2 Tbs. The sour cream is like 2 gr. and the avocado might be 3 or 4, depending on how much you use. All in all, a very satisfying meal with very little grams and very vegetarian!
The waiter wasn't too upset about the change of menu and said it looked better than I had described it.