View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jul-13-02, 15:48

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Toni, I'm sure you've heard the saying 'if it's not broke, don't fix it". It applies here. If what you're doing is providing the results you wanted then leave it be. Information overload can mess with your head - big time.

You'll find that everyone at the gym will have an opinion - some will be more vocal than others and some will be more acredited than others If your plan is working, it is working.

The post workout carbs are to quelsh the cortisol that is produced when your body has been stressed. Carbs produce glucose which creates insulin, which renders your body anabolic (muscle growing). Cortisol is catabolic (muscle wasting) as is working out. By producing a controlled insulin spike you're setting your body to muscle building ASAP and helping it shuttle the amino acids from the protein into the muscle.

I've done BFL both ways - low carbs and higher carbs (90-100g) and I've grown muscle both ways. By eating low carb (30-40g) and high fat I lost more fat and maintained muscle mass. It all depends on your goals.

Nat