View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jul-12-02, 16:35

Plan: TSP/PPLP/low-cal/My own
Stats: 250/209/150 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%

Welcome! TSP, IMHO, is the way to go. You'll feel great and you will lose weight. But be prepared for the weight loss to be very slow and it may not start right away. The key to TSP is that it is a way of life. You are not going on a diet that ends, you are changing your eating habits for your life and your health. And as Sweetiepie said, you'll feel great.

Also, be aware that you may actually feel a little more fatigued the first week. That's because your body is adjusting to the reduction in carbohydrates. I had a mini-crisis (low blood sugar) on my 5th day and had 1 cup of cantaloupe and felt lots better. Since then, I don't eat fruit (mostly because I just don't like it) even though it's on the program.

The book is very informative and, I think, it describes the plan quite well. And I'm looking forward to Dr. S's new book that should be shipping in September.

Just FYI, I have been following TSP for 5 1/2 months now and I can no longer even conceive of eating any other way. It is my way of life. And, although I have lost some weight, the health benefits are so major that I will stay on the program even if I don't ever lose another pound.

;-Deb