View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jul-12-02, 14:42

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Thumbs up Welcome

Hi Niksauntie and welcome to this forum. It is a great place to come for support and advice about any of the low carb plans.

You said that you got sick on Atkins after 3 days. That was probably withdrawal symptoms from having no carbs. The book does not really indicate much about this, but my first week on Atkins was a bit up and down, and a year later I am loving it and finding it easy to remain low carb.

I have read both Protein Power and Schwarzbein. I found the later a really good read and it explained some of the things that were not fully explained in Atkins. I know think of adding some of the bits of Schwarzbein into my own low carb plan. It is certainly worth a go.

You say you are around food everyday and therefore eating the right foods is just will power. Karen who has her own section of recipes is also a chef and she has been low carbing for some time now. There are a couple of other cooks on this forum and it is a question of if you need to taste something then just taste a little. If you have protein foods with you that you can nibble when you get tempted then that will go part way to helping you break the pattern of seeing sweet food items and picking them up to nibble.

Every success. Only you can do it.